Permanent Options to Fix Bumps 2yrs Post Rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty about 2 years ago. I have had a small ridge where the incision was made under my nose. I have had a few steroid injections without much of a difference, so it still bothers me a little. And more recently, I started to notice a small bump on the bridge of my nose where there was not one before. After reading online, I am not too interested in getting fillers in the indent on my bridge because you have to keep spending the money on them every few months. Options?

Rhinoplasty bump

+1

A small bump on the dorsum can be easily rasped (shaved).  It is difficult to see the columella issue from the photos.

Solution to bumps

+1

The bump on the bridge can be smoothed. It's hard to tell from your photo but if you have some uneven area on the columella from your incision then a scar revision can be performed. Be careful about seeking perfection though. Any nasal procedure even perfectly executed can still heal with irregularities or bumps.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The bump on your bridge can be filed down with a surgical rasp. The bump on the columella is hard to see with the pictures, but it appears to be related to how the skin healed. This can be adressed by revision the scar, so the edges are flat.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon