Rhinoplasty Bump.

Yes, I know everyone says wait a year. It is just driving me nuts so I want to ask! I noticed uneveness in my nose the day the splint was taken off. I had VERY minimal swelling and brusing. There's a bump on the left side, it seems like they might have taken too much out? My surgeon said they will have to do a tip revision to fix the droopiness. Would a tip revision cover fixing the dent in my nose too? Am scared to do it again, what if it gets worse! Is this easy to fix?

Rhinoplasty Bump

+1

After patiently waiting 6-9 months after surgery, the bump and dent in your nose can be fixed with a relatively minor revision procedure. As others have mentioned, a temporary filler can be placed in the depression while waiting for your revision.

Rhinoplasty revision can be done for the bump.

+1

If your surgeon is experienced this is a minor surgery and the tip can be done at the same time. Fillers can soften and mask the bump until then.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

I would agree with Dr. Persky's assessment. Filler may temporize the problem but it sounds as if revision surgery is your best option. If you are concerned with returning to the original surgeon, you may want to obtain a second opinion.

Rhinoplasty Bump and Upcoming Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Yes, your dorsal bump can be corrected at the same time that your tip is revised.  In the meantime, you can have a very small amount of filler injected to smooth your bump-indentation while you wait patiently for your nasal revision surgery.  Good luck and be well

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD