Bumpb Regrowth After Rhinoplasty on the Nose Bridge?

8 months ago I had a nose surgery to remove the bump on my nose bridge. They also straightened it because I had problems breathing through my nose. After everything was removed out of my nose and I could remove the cask everything was perfect. Just a bit of swelling but my nose looked good. After a while the swelling went away but 6 months later my bump started growing back little by little. That can't be swelling right? If I push on the bump it goes down for about 15 seconds. What can this be?

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1

The nasal bone will not grow back in 8 months. However, swelling surrounding a previously under-resected dorsal hump may decrease over time. As this happens, it will appear that a “bump” is returning or “growing” but it may have been there all along. It may take up to one year for the swelling in your nose to completely resolve so give it a little more time before seeking any sort of revision surgery. If the bump is truly due to only swelling, it will slowly disappear over time.

Bump Regrowth after Rhinoplasty

+1

Regrowth of bone is very rare. It could be that you had incomplete hump removal which is now seen as the normal temporary post-op swelling has resolved. If a revision is necessary, usually this is a minor procedure.

Bump Regrowth After Rhinoplasty on the Nose Bridge?

+1

Yes, nasal dorsal bone can regrow but it is extremely rare. After all bone is a live tissue. Most often, it is due to other causes, such as incomplete hump removal, collapse of the upper cartilages leading to bony dorsum appearing higher and cyst or scar formation. Your surgeon can determine which of these is the cause.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump and swelling

+1

If when you push on the bump it goes away, then it sounds like swelling. Give it some more time. If concerned talk to your  surgeon.