Rhinoplasty - Could a Bump on the Nose Effect Reshaped Tip?

I am 1 month post-rhinoplasty, and I had a reshaping, silicone in my bridge of the nose and cartilage on the tip of the nose. I took a nasty hit on the tip of the nose, and I'm just wondering, will it change the shape of the tip of the nose?

Many rhinoplasty procedures put sutures in the tip to hold it in place

+2

Depending on what your surgeon did to the tip, if sutures were placed to hold the tip in place then these sutures could be disrupted by the trauma. In any event, you have to be patient and wait for the swelling to resolve before any further evaluation can be made.

Trauma to Nasal Tip One Month After Rhinoplasty...Watch Out for That Tree!

+2

Hi Michelle,

No more trauma to your nose. Usually the tip of the nose is resilient. If you have grafts in your tip, there is the possibility that they could have shifted. Most likely if most of your post-surgical swelling has resolved and your nose looks symmetric, then everything should heal well. You may have to wait a few more months for all of your swelling to resolve. The only thing that you can do at this point is to be careful with that nose of yours. Good luck and happy New Year.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

It is too early to tell.

+2

If you haven't already done so, I would make sure your surgeon is aware of the trauma and can get a chance to see if any immediate damage has been done. Ultimately, you will have to wait to see what happened to the tip cartilage graft once the swelling comes down. Usually there is enough scarring in place by one month that it would be unusual to really affect the cartilage position but you will have to let the nose fully heal to get the final story. Good luck and be careful.

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Only time will tell

+2

Whether the injury will change the result of your rhinoplasty can only be determined with time. It doesn't sound as though you are seeing immediate changes from the injury so maybe you'll get lucky and nothing will happen. There isn't anything you can really do but wait - and avoid another injury.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS