Nasal Exercises for Bump After Rhinoplasty?

I am 11 days post op from Rhinoplasty. As soon as the cast was removed from my nose, I noticed a bump on the nasal bone. Will nasal exercises help remove this bump?

Nasal "exercises" after Rhinoplasty are not helpful.

+1

You should certainly discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

I am not aware of any exercises that would help a persistent bump after rhinoplasty. The good news is that your bump may just be swelling that will dissipate over the upcoming several weeks.

Good luck, and best regards.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal exercises

+1

If you see a bump just after the splint is removed, it may be partially the result of swelling.  I know of no specific nasal exercises that will improve the appearance of the nose.

Way too early after Rhinoplasty to say anything

+1

At two weeks post-op ther's still a lot of swelling which will go down over many months. You can't tell anything about a bump now, and any 'exercises' could make things worse.

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

No nasal exercises!

+1

Hi!

Ideally, the nose looks great when the splint comes off (except for generalized swelling). But I recommend leaving your nose strictly alone for now. It's early, and the bump may go down. Talk to your surgeon. If you don't like what you see at one month, then further treatment may be necessary.

In any case, exercises have no useful role.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)