Solutions for Broken Nose?

I had a Rhinoplasty about 8 years ago and loved the results, as well as the physician who performed it. About two years ago I fell on my nose, and now have a small bump that is only noticeable from the right side of my profile.

My operating physician does not want to perform another surgery, and has injected a small amount of silicone 1000 which he assures me is safe, despite all that I have read. He claims it is medical grade and that he has used it for over thirty years. He wants to inject more, in that I have not yet achieved my desired result.

Other doctors have told me that silicone is risky, but all other fillers are only temporary and are quite expensive. Should I continue with the silicone treatments, get another Rhinoplasty, or is there long-lasting filler I can use?

Solutions for a Broken Nose

+1

Seek advice from a well qualified rhinoplasty surgeon as a second opinion.  Be sure that you are aware of the risks and benefits of each procedure performed on the nose.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silicone Injections in the Nose

+1

There are well-trained physicians who inject pure medical grade silicone in the skin even though it is not approved by the FDA. However, I do share your concerns. Get a second opinion before continuing with the silicone treatments. Find out how difficult it would be to have surgical correction. Consider all your alternatives.

Consider Radiesse injections

+1

Silicone 1,000 should not be used in the nose since it is not FDA-approved. Consideration for Radiesse injections can be performed if the patient does not wish to have a reduction of the nasal fracture with cartilage grafting.

If you are worried, get a second opinion.

+1

If you are in doubt or worried, get a second opinion from a well qualified rhinoplastic surgeon.

As in all forms of medicine, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Seek another opinion if you are in doubt.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD