Rhinoplasty -bulbous Tip? (photo)

Hello, i have a question.... Im looking to have a rhinoplasty, My bridge is a bit wide and my tip is bulbous and a bit downward When i smile it goes a lil more downward. Im looking to make minor changes.. Will makin my bridge a lil thinner n the bulbous tip a little thinner work? I like the length of my nose will doin this sx shorten my nose? With the downward tip of my nose go upward a little bit?

Bulbous tip

The bulbous tip is best addressed with tip suturing techniques that narrow and refine the tip.  When there is excess cartilage a conservative amount of it can also be removed.  Rotation is accomplished with a tip-plasty and shaving the caudal septum.  Osteotomies are done to narrow the entire bridge line.  Releasing the depressor septe ligament in the tip will prevent the tip from drooping upon smiling

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Rhinoplasty advise

You have a lot of good questions but I can't tell if any of your photos are of you. The best step would be to simply go for a consultations. These days they are frequently complimentary. You will be able to discuss all of your questions after your surgeon has had an opportunity to examine and fully evaluate your nose. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

10807 Falls Rd.
Baltimore, MD 21093

Tip/dorsum balance

The shape of the tip can be modified with a rhinoplasty.  The contour of the ala, as well as the relationship of the ala to the middle 1/3 and upper 1/3 of the nose must be considered.  A consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon would help you understand what might be possible.

Sam Most, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

801 Welch Road
Stanford, CA 94304-1611

Rhinoplasty and bulbous tip

Refinement of the nose can be performed with a precise rhinoplasty.  It is best to go for a consultation.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Rhinoplasty Bulbous Tip

Rhinoplasty surgery is an extremely complex procedure which requires careful analysis and listening to the patients desires. All of the things you are asking about can be addressed in a Rhinoplasty procedure. The most important thing you need to do is find a board certified surgeon who does lots of Rhinoplasty surgeries and who you feel confident can deliver your results.

Richard J. Brown, MD

11000 N Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Revison Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Tip

The bulbous tip can be treated with reconstruction of your lower lateral cartilages. It does appear that you have any fatty tissue causing the bulbous tip. The best way to show you would be to do a computer imaging so you can see what the results would be.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

44 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10021

Subtle Changes Are Best During A Rhinoplasty

I always state that a rhinoplasty is a game of millimeters.  In you case you want to define your tip, raise your tip, and narrow you nose a few millimeters in those areas.  All of those changes together can improve your facial harmony without changing the character of your nose.  All of your request are reasonable and should be attainable with a qualified surgeon.  In my opinion, you are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty.  

I hope this helps!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

6849 Fairview Road
Charlotte, NC 28210

The key to rhinoplasty is getting a balanced nose that fits your face

We often talk about a brow-tip line in rhinoplasty. This is a curved line that goes from the brow, along the side of the nose to the tip. This delineates a gentle taper with bones that are a little more slender than the tip of the nose as you described. Surgery doesn't have to raise the tip of the nose. This can be controlled by the surgical technique. The best rhinoplasties are minor changes that address subtle imperfections but leave you with a better looking nose that doesn't look fixed but fits your face.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

521 Park Ave
New York, NY 10065

Bulbous Tip

Major refinements in the nose can be accomplished by competent plastic surgeon. It is important to discuss with your surgeon exactly what bothers you about your nose and what refinements you would like to see. Based on your pictures, it appears that significant changes can be made in keeping with your desires.

William H. Gorman, MD

3003 Bee Caves Rd
Austin, TX 78746

Bulbous nose

I find it difficult to be sure from your photos, but in general everything you are asking for is routinely performed during rhinoplasty. Find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon that you feel comfortable communicating with you should be able to obtain what you are looking for.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

1515 North Flagler Dr.
West Palm Beach, FL 33401