Rhinoplasty: Possible Bulbous Tip? (photo)

I feel like the tip of my nose doesn't have much "shape" and is too fat. I don't have much of a problem with my profile view, it's my frontal view that I am unhappy about. I would like to have a more defined nose that compliments my facial features. What would I need to have done in order to obtain that? Maybe something similar to Jessica Alba's nose (size & proportionality). Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Rhinoplasty of Bulbous Tip

+2

Hi jnkrej,

It appears from your photos that the tip of your nose can be shaped to be more defined.  You should consult with multiple rhinoplasty surgeons, discuss what your nasal aesthetic goals are, and listen to what the surgeon feels can be accomplished. Ask to see before and after photos of the surgeons patients with bulbous tips.

I would defat the tip of your nose, probably remove only a very little of the tip cartilage, and use multiple sutures to create natural definition of your tip.  Once that is done, one must make sure that the rest of your nose is still harmonious with your tip.  The most important aspect of your rhinoplasty will be choosing your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

How to get a beautiful nose

+2

My best advice to get a great result is to choose your surgeon carefully.  I think your goals are realistic.  Go on a few consults to see which surgeon you think does the nicest work and has the right combination of skill, judgement, and most importantly, experience.  I actually think you need more than just your tip done to get the best overall result.  The entire nose needs to be reduced in its proportions.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Refining the nasal tip

+2

It is possible to make a subtle change and refine your nasal tip. I would recommend a consult with an experienced and board certified rhinoplasty specialist who uses computer imaging software. They will be able to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty and Bulbous Tip

+2

You can achieve your goals of minimal changes and refinement with a rhinoplasty.  You are fortunate that you do have great basic nasal structure. Select a surgeon with experience whose noses you like because you want to avoid an unnatural overdone nose job.

Bulbous Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

The tip can be refined with cartilage resection and suture techniques.  The rest of your nose does not have to be changed.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

I would like to have a more defined nose that compliments my facial features maybe something similar to Jessica Alba's.

+1

Rhinoplasty when performed following the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty would be able to refine the nasal tip making it more feminine and attractive.  There are many ways to perform a Rhinoplasty and the aesthetics need to be what drives the Rhinoplasty Surgeon's decision on which technique is appropriate to accomplish that goal.  Experience performing Rhinoplasty alone is simply not enough.  

+1

Skillfully conceived and well executed rhinoplasty can enhance the woman's face dramatically, even with just a few millimeters adjustment... Differences between stunningly beautiful human faces and the "ordinary" are small increments or decrements in dimension.  If you desire changes you have articulated, discuss with surgeon(s) in person to find one you believe will make it worth your investment.

Steve Laverson, MD

Tip plasty

+1

Thanks for the photos. It looks like you could benefit from a tip rhinoplasty to refine the tip a bit more.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip.

+1

Your nose requires an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to obtain a refined tip but not overdone look.  Meet with actual patients the surgeon has done not computer marketing images.  Choose wisely!

Rhinoplasty - Tip

+1

The tip of your nose can be more refined and defined but in a way that still suits your face.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD