Rhinoplasty and Breast Implants in One Week?

I'm planning on on getting a Rhinoplasty revision under local anesthesia which is going to be on a Thursday. I'm also planning to get breast augmentation under general anesthesia the following Tuesday. I was wondering would there be any risk? Thank you.

Okay to do so

+1

There should not be any complications from receiving two surgeries within the week. Make sure that the patient is ambulating, walking, to prevent a blood clot in the legs from inactivity.

No increased risk

+1

Doing these surgeries separately does not increase your risk.  In fact, depending on the speed and efficency of your surgeon, you may be decreasing the very slight risk of DVT (deep venous thrombosis) during your general anesthesia.  Good luck with your procedures!

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

No problem with this.

+1

Whether done together or separately you should have no problem. Make sure they don't hit your nose after the nose surgery while you are asleep.

No problem with interval surgery

+1

I don't see any issue with your sugery schedule but rather than trying to consolidate your surgery make sure your revision rhinoplasty is done by very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Relative risks

+1

There are small relative risks to each done separately depending on the order. If you do the breast augmentation first, there is a minute risk of bacteremia from the manipulation of the nasal tissues that might seed the breast implants. This usually can be mitigated by antibiotics at the time of rhinoplasty. If you do the rhinoplasty first, there might be a small risk of injury to the nose during intubation at the time of augmentation. A mask can be applied at various times of anesthesia and might dislodge structures or sutures if not done carefully so soon after surgery. If your anesthesiologist is mindful of this issue, you should be fine.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

I agree with getting the two done togetherq

+1

I would definitely try and get the two procedures done under the same anesthesia.  This will save recovery time, money, and will allow the surgeon doing the revision rhinoplasty to be more precise in my opinion.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Breast Aug

+1

No I think you should be fine, but why not get both done at the same time? That way you can completely asleep for the rhinoplasty revision and not have any discomfort. Certainly, the operative time will not be very long if both are done at the same time. Unless you are having them done by different surgeons?

My preference would be to have both at the same time.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD