How Can I Get Rid of Blood in my Eyes After Rhinoplasty?

I had Rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago and I still got blood in both of my eyes. What should I do to reduce or get rid of the blood in less than a week because I work in the media field & I've got camera work on Tuesday? Thank you.

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

It is not uncommon for patients to have broken capillaries with blood trapped on the white part of the eye (sclera) following rhinoplasty. This is called a subconjunctival hemorrage and does not pose any problems other than being frustrating to the patient. Unfortunately, it takes several weeks for the blood to be broken down and reabsorbed by the body.

If patients experience visual changes, eye pain, or if bleeding occurs in the colored part of the eye (iris) -- or if patients have any question as to whether any of their symptoms are abnormal -- they should promptly seek the advice of their surgeon and an evaluation by an ophthamologist.

Web reference: http://rhinoplasty-usa.com/html/meet-dr-cochran.html

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nothing can be done for bruising in sclera

+1

There is nothing that can be done for the bruising that occurs in the sclera or the white conjunctiva part of the eye. It is a normal reaction to the surgery itself from bruising and does subside with time. It can take upwards of four weeks for that bruising in the white part of the eye to go away.

Reducing bruising after Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery can cause bruising that may progress to the eyelids and even into the eyes. The latter is rare, but can occur with nasal fracture. Blood in the eyes are known as injected sclera.

Reducing bruising after rhinoplasty should begin before surgery with the application of products such as BruiseStick ointment. In addition, avoid aspirin and other blood thinners such as ibuprofen. Application of ice after surgery and minimizing activity will also reduce the swelling and bruising after surgery.

Not much.

+1

If you mean blood in the white part of the eyeball I know of nothing that will improve that. Vasoconstrictors will not help. If you mean bruising on the eyelid, make will conceal this.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.