Best Age for a Rhinoplasty?

I am a 16 year old girl and am really looking forward to having my operation done, but have heard that it is dangerous to have Rhinoplasty before the age of 18. Any thoughts?

Age for Rhinoplasty

+1

A young lady can safely have rhinoplasty anytime after physical maturity, which is usually about 14-16 years old. As long as you have your parents support, go ahead and start scheduling  your consultation(s).

Kids and rhinoplasties

+1

Dear Jaden,

Physically, I like to wait until you have stopped growing - for a girl that is about 14 or 15 or one year after your first period.

Emotionally, I like when a teen understands that surgery is not an exact science. When you understand that the recovery period can be long and associated with swelling, bruising and pain, then you are ready.

I also want you to understand that a rhinoplasty will not affect your social life or the number of boyfriends that you have. If someone is befriending you because of your nose, then it is time to reevaluate who your friends are.

Good Luck.

Robert M. Freund, MD

No it isn't to young.

+1

With boys we sometimes wait if they are still growing, but most females will be finished with nasal growth by 14 years of age. Enjoy your new nose.