Can I Get Rhinoplasty Done Before Septoplasty?

I have a deviated septum, and was wondering whether it was possible to get rhinoplasty done before septoplasty on two separate occassions? Thank you

Rhinoplasty Before Septoplasty

+1

As others have noted, it is certainly possible to have a Rhinoplasty before a Septoplasty, but it is not something I would recommend.  Two separate procedures means two separate anesthetic events and two separate periods of recuperation. In addition, the results of your Rhinoplasty may be substandard if a concurrent Septoplasty is not performed.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

No reason to have rhinoplasty and septoplasty done separately

+1

There is no reason to have these two operations on the nose done at separate times. Look for a very experienced facial plastic surgeon that has performed thousands of rhinoplasties and both the septoplasty and rhinoplasty can be done concurrently. Remember that the septoplasty will be billed to your medical insurance while the rhinoplasty will be your financial responsibility as it is a cosmetic procedure. 

Rhinoplasty before septoplasty?

+1

It really does not make any sense to not combine these procedures. You have a reduction in costs as well as one surgery with one healing period. Also, if you need some exttra tissue to augment your nose, you can use the septum at that time. There is realy no reason to do these at separate operations!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty

+1

It is possible to do the operation seperately on two occasions or to do the cases concurrently—which most people would probably choose in order to minimize downtime and avoid having anesthesia twice. Of course, all of this depends on your consultation with your surgeon and what you two decide is the best approach for you.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Separate Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty

+1

You can have a septoplasty and rhinoplasty done at different operations, but why? In almost all cases a better result is achieved if both are done at the same time. Athough complications are rare, avoid the risks of two operations including anesthesia, as well as the time necessry for two recoveries.

Perform Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty Surgery at Same Time?

+1

Yes, one may have rhinoplasty performed at a separate time from a septoplasty. However, generally one surgery followed by the other nasal surgery is more complicated, and the results more unpredictable.

First, there are two separate recoveries and anesthesia. You would loose more time away from work or school in the healing process. Second, cartilage from the septoplasty may be used for grafting in the rhinoplasty. Even hump removal may require some cartilage implants during the rhinoplasty.

Speak with a rhinoplasty surgeon to help determine the most appropriate options for you.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty done before septoplasty

+1

Why not get both done in the same surgery. That is what I would in 99% of my cases. They work in unison as to obtaining that great result.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Rhinoplasty and septum

+1

You certainly can have a rhinoplasty and a septoplasty at different times, but why not do them both at the same time?

Why 2 surgeries?

+1

I do them both at the same time - with each anesthesia there is a chance of problems -- why not have only one surgery. Pick a qualified surgeon who can fix both the inside and outside of the nose.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Can rhinoplasty be done before the septoplasty?

+1

Yes, but I would do both at the same time for many reasons. Most surgeons do them at the same time and not separately.