Rhinoplasty Before Long Term Travel Plans?

Hello. I've decided after many years of consideration and research to have a rhinoplasty operation. I've chosen an excellent surgeon and am excited to move forward, but the only time I can schedule the surgery is about 6-8 weeks before I leave the country for quite a while (I'll be gone for 9 months). Assuming I have no complications post-op, is this advisable?

Leaving the country after rhinoplasty

+1

6-8 weeks should be adequate for recovery before extended travel.  Any potential complications requiring urgent revision will usually present within the first week.  You should not have any trouble travelling 6-8 weeks later, but you will not see your final results for 6-12 months after surgery.

Travel after rhinoplasty

+1

I am comfortable with my patients travelling 6 weeks after a rhinoplasty.  I generally advise that contour changes will continue for 12 to 18 months following the procedure.  You need to be prepared for this and discuss these expectations with your surgeon since personal contact will be limited for a time.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Subsequent Travel

+1

At six to eight weeks post rhinoplasty it should be safe to travel.  By that point the nose should be relatively well healed and the risk of a post operative complication - bleeding or infection should be quite low.  Be sure to check with your surgeon for their recommendations.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Travel after rhinoplasty

+1

Generally adequate healing has occurred before 6 weeks post op.  If you do not have any complications, you should be fine.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty before travel

+1

You should be fine with 6 weeks healing. It is very common for patients to come from long distances o have work done by experienced rhinoplasty surgeons. After 1-2 weeks they are frequently not seen  again for many months due to distance. If there are questions then photos are asked to be emailed and most concerns can be alleviated in this way.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Travel six to eight weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

We feel you should be good to go by six weeks after your rhinoplasty. You should be well beyond the "complication" watch by that time and back to full activity and exercise.

Rhinoplasty before Long Term Travel

+1

You should not have any problems. I frequently do rhinoplasty surgery on patients from other countries in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East who leave Southern California 10 days later. Enjoy your travel and new look.