Rhinoplasty to Straighten Nose, Reduce Size and Bump After Two Septoplasties?

I have had two septoplasty operations and also had my nose broken twice,im just back from the a&e and although they have straightened my nose the bottom part is still to one side was wondering if Rhinplasty could help me with all my nasal problems Straighten My Nose,Get Rid Of Bump At Top Of Nose,Reduce Size Of Nose & Reduce Size Of Nostrils. Also could all these be included in one operation or would i require more than one and would i be suitable after all my problems?

Rhinoplasty after previous septoplasties

+1

The septoplasty operation is not done to reduce any size or bump on the bridge. The septoplasty operation is done out of medical necessity to improve airflow dynamics through the nose to straighten a deviated septum. The septal deviation is located in the back of the nose, not along the top of the bridge. The rhinoplasty operation can certainly straighten the nose through osteotomies and any reduction of the hump along the bridge can also be removed at the time of the rhinoplasty. This has nothing to do with the septoplasty operation that has been previously performed.  

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I would really need to see photos to provide you with the best advice. Please send any photos to my office, and I would be happy to evaluate them for you. My contact information is listed in my profile. It is likely all of the mentioned issues may be corrected in one surgery. Thank you very much, and best of luck to you.
Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty after Septoplasties

+1

Years ago some nasal surgeons would actually stage the septoplasty, doing the cosmetic work during a separate operation. Although that is rarely done today, you can have a rhinoplasty despite your previous nasal trauma and surgery. I suggest you have surgery performed by physician experienced in revision rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty, Nose reduction

+1

It is difficult to say without seeing at least photos but it should accomplish the things you are asking. Once you have an operation though, it usually causes more scar tissue and takes l,onger for the swelling to go away. Watch my video!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty is surgery to reshape the nose

+1

Your best bet is to see a surgeon and discuss what you dislike (and like!) about your nose. Some surgeons use computer imaging during the consultation, and this can allow you to see potential results after surgery. This tool helps the communication between patient and surgeon.

From what you have described (and it is hard to determine without photos) you certainly could have all the issues you noted corrected at the time of one rhinoplasty surgery. Even if you have had prior septoplasty surgery, you still can be a candidate for rhinoplasty surgery.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty after Broken Nose and Multiple Septoplasty Surgeries

+1

Hi yid army86 in aberdeen,

Rhinoplasty is not one operation, but many potential operations. Every patient is unique. Reducing the hump from a nose is the most common request for cosmetic nasal surgery. Humps are usually made up of both cartilage and bone, and come in various sizes and shapes. Reducing small humps is a relatively easier procedure, as compared to more extensive rhinoplasty surgery. Large bumps will require bone reshaping/breaking after the hump is removed.

A goal in nasal surgery is to recreate balance of the nose with the rest of the face. A small hump may be filed or rasped without needing more surgery. A subtle change in the nose may create a profound improvement in facial balance. Occasionally, complementary surgery may be recommended along with the rhinoplasty to help improve overall facial balance, such as chin implant or augmentation.

Rhinoplasty surgery ranges from relatively simple to more complex. Prior nasal surgery and trauma, such as a broken nose, increases the complexity of any future rhinoplasty. While it's possible to only have one more operation, there is a potential chance for revision surgery. Only after a comprehensive nasal evaluation can a rhinoplasty surgeon help determine the most appropriate option for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty after Multiple Septoplasties

+1

It is really difficult to say without examining you, but in short the answer is yes.  This can all be done in one surgery and often it is done in one surgery but with the multiple septoplasties it is more difficult to achieve an optimal result.  It just depends on how much cartilage is left behind.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty after Two Septoplasties

+1

Well first - sorry to hear of your problem. This is a difficult question to answer without an examination. However if you are still having concerns about nasal appearance it is reasonable to hope that another procedure can answer all of your concerns. How involved or how easy that would be depends upon a number of factors. First - just what kind of septal surgery was performed and how much cartilage was left. If the septoplasty was successful in helping you to breather better then perhaps your surgeon just didn't have any experience in the cosmetic issues you have. On the other hand perhaps the septoplasty caused some of your problems. At any rate, a septal exploration with attention to the portion of the septum just behind the skin separating your nostrils appears to be necessary. The rest of your issues can be addressed by revision rhinoplasty techniques- the only question being whether you need cartilage grafts and where they would be taken from. Lastly - look for an experienced surgeon who listens to your concerns and presents a plan you can understand and appreciate - and of course, get more than one consultation. Good Luck

Jon F. Harrell, DO

+1

While it may be more difficult to perform a rhinoplasty after a previous septoplasty especially when it is associated with nasal trauma, the short answer is "yes", you can still have a rhinoplasty done. It should in general only take one procedure. If there is not sufficient cartilage inside your nose available should grafting be needed, alternative sources could be the use of your ear or rib cartilage. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

It's best to have rhinoplasty surgery performed at the time of septoplasty surgery.

+1

Since you've had 2 septoplasty surgeries, your rhinoplasty may be somewhat difficult. If you will require cartilage grafting to obtain a desired cosmetic result with your nose, your surgeon may not be able to harvest this from your septum. In that regard, rib-cartilage, or ear cartilage may be useful.

All the best from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon