Had Rhinoplasty Around a Month Ago, I Believe to Much of my Dorsal Hump Was Removed? Possible to Get It Back?

hello, recently i had a septorrhinoplasty, it was really deviated. is it possible to somehow get a small dorsal hump back, my nose i believe was made to concave, and i would like it straight instead of that banana tick if you know what i mean, more roman like but with a small dorsal hump, my question is, is it possible to get a small hump back, ? could if come back if i got hit on that region of the nose? also iv heard a lot about nasal valve collapse, should i be worried about this?

Changing the dorsum after rhinoplasty

+1

First of all, it is WAY TOO EARLY to judge your final result.  The answer to your question is Yes.  If, six months from now, if you would like a stronger dorsum , then a cartilage onlay graft would be possible.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Rebuilding the bridge

+1

Based on your description it appears that you may be a candidate to have your bridge rebuilt with cartilage - photos will be helpful

Sam Naficy, MD

Restoring bump post rhinoplasty

+1

Hi there,

It may be possible to restore the bump you seek just using an injectable filler, as a simple office procedure, non operatively.  It's also important to understand that if you're recently post op that it's early days in terms of your appearance - it might change a lot in the next few months.  I recommend that initially you chat with your surgeon about your options.  Good luck!

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

A small revision rhinoplasty can easily restore a small dorsal hump.

+1

To answer your first question, yes, it is possible to get a small hump back.  Would it come back if you got hit on that region of the nose?  Probably not.  In order to build up your bridge again, you have several options - the best one for you would involve dorsal augmentation (building up the bridge) with some of your own cartilage.  This could be considered a revision rhinoplasty, but would be a fairly straightforward one that could be performed through an endonasal approach ("closed rhinoplasty", i.e. no incisions on the outside).  

Your second question is very pertinent for all patients undergoing rhinoplasty involving dorsal hump reduction or removal.  Aggressive dorsal hump reduction may result in disruption of the nasal valve, resulting in nasal valve collapse and the so-called "inverted-V deformity".  The best way to prevent this is to reconstruct the internal nasal valve.   

Donald B. Yoo, MD