Rhinoplasty And Traveled by Train for 12 Hours?

I had Rhinoplasty done on Monday (28thJan) and I have travelled by train for 12 hours on Wednesday (30th Jan)evening. will be travelling after on next Monday evening(4th feb)again for 12 hours. As air Travel was not advised, I had to catch a Train.Is it safe to travel like this?I am just checking all the websites and now a bit wary whether have made a mistakeCan someone tell if this is ok? I still have the splinters and i will get them removed next tuesday. But I am feeling ok. Thanks Samir

Train Travel after Rhinoplasty

+1

Train travel should not provide for any deleterious effects following rhinoplasty.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Rhinoplasty and traveled by train for 12 hours?

+1

Traveling by train should not negatively impact your result. But keep in mind that it is generally a good idea to rest and refrain from lots of activity the first week. Not doing so can increase swelling and delay your healing time. Each surgeon has their own specific guidelines, and I would recommend speaking with yours to see what he/she advises. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Train travel

+1

There is no reason why long train travel would harm your nose.

We have many patients fly in for surgery from all over the world and although most don’t fly until 5-6 days after surgery, there is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to fly in 2 days as long as a few basic precautions are taken.

Travelling after rhinoplasty

+1

As long as there is no violent jerking movements, it should be safe to travel by train or car.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Travel after Rhinoplasty

+1

I have many rhinoplasty patients from out of town and out of state. I have no problem with them flying as little as 48 hours after surgery.

Travel after rhinoplasty

+1

Travelling after your procedure like this should be fine.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Train travel and rhinoplasty

+1

I do not think you are harming your nose by traveling by train or car. I am unaware of any additional risks of this type of travel. Good luck.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon