I Had a Rhinoplasty and when I Removed the Tapes I Found Dark Dots Up the Sides of my Nose? (photo)

Blackheads, marking pen, injection sites, or osteotomy incisions

+2

Hello Adam,

Thank you for the question and the photo.  As best as I can tell the marks that you have shown are likely a result of one of the following: blackheads, marking pen, injection sites, or osteotomy incisions.  The good news is that any of these reasons to have these marks will go away with time.

Dr. Remus Repta

Dark dots up sides of nose when tape removed after rhinoplasty.

+1

It's difficult to know for sure what the dots are, but the most likely cause would be dots placed by the surgeon with a marking pen.  These will go away but usually, gently wiping the area with an alcohol swab will help.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dark dots after rhinoplasty

+1

These are most likely ink marks placed by the surgeon to guide bone cuts.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Will my Nose Keep Growing? I Am 17

+1

This is the swelling from recently having surgery on your nose. Allow 3 to 6 months of healing before you can complain. Or discuss with your surgeon NOW@!