I Had Rhinoplasty 3 and a Half Weeks Ago Now I'm Getting a Hump? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 3 and-a-half weeks ago and now I noticed a bump on my nose. I didn't have that hump before. What causing this? I had my nose straightened from the front. I had the hump removed. I had the tip reduced.I also had my nose to have a slight curve.

I Had Rhinoplasty 3 and a Half Weeks Ago Now I'm Getting a Hump?

+1

Posted photos are helpful but better views are needed. Plus you are zoo very early postoperatively that at least wait 3 months before being concerned. It does appear as an open roof deformity. Did you have fracturing of your nasal bones? 

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

The swelling that occurs after rhinoplasty lasts several months (up to 18 months!) and can be a frustrating part of the recovery process.  The first month will lead to resolution of a lot of the swelling with about half gone by 3 months.  Try to be patient during this tough time as you let the nose heal.

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump in nose may go away in several months

+1

Hi.

There is a bump, more visible from the right, which is a little worrisome.  It could be a bone edge.  You might need a touch up.  But there is no point in worrying now.

Hump after rhinoplasty

+1

Irregularities are often palpable after rhinopalsty. Many times as the nose heals they improve. It is still early , give it time.

Early results following a rhinoplasty - still feel a small bump on the dorsum

+1

You are still very early in the healing process following your rhinoplasty surgery.   More than likely any abnormality that you are palpating on the dorsum of your nose will improve overtime.  If it does not remodel over then next year then you may need a revision but it is too early to tell at this point. 

Hump 3.5 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Any time any dorsal work is done such as hump reduction there will be swelling for at least several weeks to months.  3.5 weeks is too early to gauge final results or be concerned about areas that are still swollen.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php