Just Got Rhinoplasty and Small Malar Cheek Implants Put in and Am Very Worried About the Healing Process?

Today is the 11 of May and I got the two procedures done the 9th so I know it is very early still but why is the swelling and bruising increasing? Shouldnt it decrease each day? Very very worried because the swelling is very significant and my lymph nodes are very swollen as well. Is this normal?

Delayed swelling and bruising

+1

There can be delayed swelling and bruising after any surgery. If there is any infection contributing to these issues, it will manifest as fever, discharge or increasing pain. In the absence of these symptoms, you are likely experiencing normal delayed bruising and swelling. You can use ice, Bromelain and Arnica to help with the healing process and also cut down on your salt intake. Remember the swelling will travel downwards with gravity to lower cheeks, chin and then the neck. Regards, Dr. J Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon