Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty to Improve Breathing?

I am considering having septoplasty to improve breathing and rhinoplasty. After consultation I received a quote of $9,400, including surgeon's fee ($6,000), anesthesia deposit ($900) and facility fee deposit ($2,500). Then advised I call back Monday when they should have information from my insurance company such as how much they'll cover. My concern is the deposits. My girlfriend had a quote from the same doctor a 1yr prior and it was a simple fee identical to my "deposit". Insurance reasons?

Fees for rhinoplasty

+1

I can not answer why the fees are different between your and you friends. Best to discuss this with the doctor's office to get clarity.  Good luck.

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty are 2 completely separate operations that are performed at the same time. There are 2  separate anesthesia, operating room and surgeon's fees for both cosmetic and insurance-related charges. The septoplasty is billed to the patient's medical insurance for medical necessity, and is subject to individual co-pays and deductibles. The cosmetic fees are paid directly to the  surgeon for the rhinoplasty.

+1

Usually, the surgeon will charge a customary fee for these two procedures.  The insurance company will usually pay a nominal fee for the septoplasty if it is deemed necessary.  Once the insurance payment is known, this can be used to help defray some of the cost to the patient.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Septorhinoplasty to Improve Breathing

+1

A septorhinoplasty can be done to improve both breathing and the appearance of your nose. Sometimes it is very difficult to get an exact figure from the insurance company but your surgeon should be specific in telling you exactly what the total charges for your surgery including the surgeon's fee, anesthesia charges , and facility fees will be.