Is It Possible to Have Rhinoplasty and a Lower Eyelid Surgery (Removing Extra Skin) Done at the Same Time?

I don't have excess fat deposits underneath my eyes, but I'm hoping to remove the excess skin. The high nose bridge that I have has created a hollow crease along with wrinkles.

Rhinoplasty combined with blepharoplasty

+3

I would like to know more about the nasal condition and the specific procedure to be performed before postulating that it is safe or appropriate.   As others have mentioned, patient selection is critical and I would not want to create the general impression that in all instances, the procedures should be combined.  Swelling from the rhinoplasty can be counterproductive to what would be achieved in the bleph so the decision should be individualized.  Extreme makeover may be wonderful for TV drama but isn't necessarily the standard of care which we should provide to our patients because we should know better!

Combining rhinoplasty and eyelid surgery

+2

You can certainly combine rhinoplasty and eyelid surgery/blepharoplasty. I just wrote a recent blog post about this concept in fact (see link below).

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Yes

+2

Blepharoplasty and rhinoplasty can definitely be done at the same sitting. I would recommend doing the blepharoplasty first before doing the rhinoplasty during the surgery. I would discuss this with your surgeon.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty And Lower Eyelid Surgery Performed At Once

+1

Having both surgeries, rhinoplasty and lower eyelid, can be combined to be performed together. However, the candidate should be healthy enough to undergo both surgeries at the same time without increased risks especially if the rhinoplasty is of a major nature.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Multiple facial plastic surgeries can be performed at the same session.

+1

Yes you can do both at the same time. The lower lid surgery should be done first so that the nasal surgery swelling won't interfere with the amount of skin excision.

Donald T. Levine, MD
Nyack Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Lower Eyeld Blepharoplasty at the Same Time

+1

If you are going to do both procedures not only can you do both at the same time, you should do both at the same time. You'll have only one operation and one recovery.

Rhinoplasty and Lower Eye Lid Skin Pinch Blepharoplasty at Same Time

+1

Hi,

Rhinoplasty and eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) can be performed at the same operative sitting.  Usually the eyelid surgery is performed first, then the rhinoplasty.  In your case, you can have a skin pinch of your excess lower lid skin followed by your nose job.  Choose your facial plastic surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

+1

Of course, you can a Rhinoplasty and Lower Eyelid Surgey at the same time.  I have done this many times over the past 22 years.  I do the Lower Eyelid Surgery first, followed by the Rhinoplasty.  These two procedures done together will however, increase the swelling of the lower eyelids as the area of post surgical swelling overlaps.  

Rhinoplasty and lower eyelid surgery performed together

+1

It is possible to have both procedures performed together.  As long as you are in good health and cleared for surgery by your physician, everything should be fine. Thank you and I hope this helps.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty done in one proceedure

+1

In the right patient who understands the pros and cons of combining proceedures it can be a good treatment option.

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon