Rhinoplasty and Liposuction

I am planning a rhinoplasty with an ENT surgeon. I also want to have liposuction of the back, belly and chin areas with a plastic surgeon. Since I want to minimise time off work I want to have these two surgeries close together. So my question is: will having lipo a few days after rhino adversely affect my rhino results? Also which order is best? ie: rhino or lipo first? (I am worried about swelling from rhino making the chin area hard to judge). 30yr 5'4" 139lb

Rhinoplasty and Liposuction

+1

it will be in your best interest to have everything done at the same time. Your liposuction surgeon should do that procedure first, followed by the rhinoplasty. It will be safer for you, and you will have one anesthetic and one recovery.

Rhinoplasty + liposuction

+1

It would be a bad idea to put pressure on the nose after rhinoplasty if you have to be prone (face down) during the liposuction.  In our practice we would have both a plastic surgeon and a facial plastic surgeon work on you at the same operative session - the liposuction first, then the rhinoplasty immediately after.

Sam Naficy, MD

Recommendation for approaching concurrent rhinoplasty and neck/ body liposuction

+1

If you want to have your procedures performed at the same time or close to each other, I agree with Dr. Palmer that your liposuction should be performed first. The last thing you want is to undergo a liposuction and then have to lay prone (on your belly) for a body lipo procedure. This will be uncomfortable and potentially injure your healing nose. We routinely perform rhinoplasty and neck liposuction at the same time in our facial cosmetic surgery practice. However, you will want to find an experienced plastic surgeon to perform your body liposuction. It is not unreasonable to have a plastic surgeon perform your body liposuction at the beginning of the procedure and your Facial Plastic Surgeon complete the procedure with the rhinoplasty. Alternatively, you can separate these procedures by a couple of weeks so long as the rhinoplasty is performed after the liposuction for the reasons I outlined above.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Liposuction

+1

I perform both of these procedures and IMO, the answers is yes, Liposuction a few days of the areas mentioned will require you to be flipped onto your stomach for part of the Liposuction.  This will, IMHO, place undue strain and pressure on your nose that soon after a Rhinoplasty and could cause significant bleeding and swelling.  You may want to do the Lipo first.  Might be better to find a plastic and cosmetic surgeon that understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial and body beauty to do both procedures with one anesthetic.