Just Had Rhinoplasty and Am in Excruciating Pain Despite Painkillers. Is This Normal? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty yesterday and I know it's soon to ask but I am in excruciating pain even with painkillers and made it almost impossible to sleep yesterday. Is this normal or should I get different medication or talk to my doctor, etc... And FYI I had my nose narrowed, tipped it up and the bone was lowered. And am also 18 years old and I don't know if this is also crucial to know for the pain.

ONE day post op! CALL your surgeon to notify the amount of pain you are having. You may need a strong pain medication or further detailed instructions concerning postoperative pain. 

Intense pain after rhinoplasty

This is very uncommon. You should be seen immediately to make sure that you don't have a septal hematoma, or compromised blood flow to the skin among other potential causes.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinpolasty post op

Dear BriMexico,

• Excruciating pain is rare
  • If your pain is uncontrolled with your pain medications, you should see your surgeon
  • He can reassure you that everything will be ok

Best regards,
Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD