Rhinoplasty and Facial Damage?

Hi i had a rhinoplasty 5 months back and my face feels sore when i touch it. i cannot smile properly. Has my facial nerves or muscles been damaged? what can i do?

Damage After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very unlikely that you have gotten a facial nerve injury but it is common to get limitations of the upper lip movement just below the nose especially when the "depressor septi nasii" is manipulated (which we do commonly).  Most people get back to normal function within a year. 

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info/rhinoplasty.html

Rhinoplasty can have complications

+1

Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure. All surgical procedures have complications. It is best to ask your surgeon to detail these before the surgery so you understand what can occur.  Fortunately, the complications you describe are very uncommon after rhinoplasty.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Muscle or Nerve Damage

+1

Pictures with and without animation would be necessary to determine the answer.   The nasal depressor septi muscle could have been released, and this can affect the smile.  Nerve damage may be possible, but I would get an exam from your plastic surgeon.