Should I Get a Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant or Just the Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hello I have been bullied about the size and shape of my nose for most of my life (I'm 18 years old now) and become extremely depressed when I view my face in a mirror. I now wish to do whatever it takes to become aesthetically pleasing. I want a rhinoplasty, possibly a chin implant to draw away attention from mu nose and some restylane to fix my asymetrical lips. What do you think? and should I be careful about the surgeon that I choose as my nose is ethnic? (from my father) Thanks, Alex

The nose is the key

+1

You have a long and hanging nose, regardless of ethnic considerations.  Your chin may be a couple of mm small in terms of projection, and I would be careful not to place too much of an implant (if at all).  The rhinoplasty would narrow and slightly turn the tip up, while taking down the hump on the roof of the nose.  The key is making it proportional and not shortening too much relative to your face.   If done properly, it would make your upper lip appear a bit longer as well.  You are an excellent candidate for this procedure.  I would stay away from fillers to start with.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose and chin

+1

It is really important to discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  "Ethnic nose" has a lots of connotations , so it;s important to be very specific and communicate the changes you desire

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

I would need to know what look you are seeking. However, I would suggest that less is better. Your chin is of reasonable size and shape especially as concerns its projection relative to your lips. The danger here is over-doing any surgery. This is also true of your nose. Personally, I would spend a lot of pre-op time with you defining what you mean by ethnic. Often if a male has an "ethnic" bump, reducing the bump without completely eliminating it preserves the ethnicity.

Robin T. W. Yuan, M.D. 

Rhinoplasty ?

+1

If your nose bothers you, it is certainly reasonable to have a rhinoplasty. A chin implant may help improve the lower 1/3 of your face.