Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant for Facial Harmony? (photo)

Have been told couple of opinions so I just would like more feed back in general. one dr said he would turn the tip up and refine as well as take down my slight hump and another dr said I should deproject the tip and add a little cartilage to the center as well as refine the tip. I am confused. With my chin, one dr. Said I would need mandibular implants to balance out if I do get a chin implant and one said I would need a incisionless neck lift combined with a small implant.

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant for Facial Harmony?

+1

From the photos provided, the nose has a slight dorsal hump and the nasal tip is over-projected.  The nasal tip is set, right now, at the proper aesthetic degree of rotation at 110 degrees and as such should not be rotated further.  Chin Augmentation can be achieved with a Chin Implant.

Procedural Options To Improve Facial Balance

+1

Many times there are different ways to get to a satisfying facial result. What you need to have done is computer imaging of all of those procedure, done separately and in various combinations, to see what looks best to you. This is less relevant if every consultation gave the same answer but that clearly is not the case here.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Cosmetic surgery can have varying opinions

+1

Even experts will have genuine disagreements on what needs to be done to achieve each patient's aesthetic goals.  The best approach is to only do what you think in your own opinion is right for you.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1

Your small hump can be reduced and the asymmetrical tip slightly deprojected and refined. I would not turn up your tip which would make your nose too short. A chin implant combined with liposuction of your neck would also help to improve your facial proportions. I don't feel that mandibular implants would be necessary. It is good that you have heard all these options but a decision will be made after a physical exam and seeing results in patients who had similar problems.  

Improving facial harmony

+1

Improving facial harmony can sometimes involve multiple procedures. Every surgeon has there preferences and esthetic sense. I agree that some slight deprojection of your tip would be reasonable and some form of chin advancement with this would be ideal. Have a few consults with good surgeons in your area and have computer imaging performed to see what the various procedures will do for your facial balance. Links below will give you some further food for thought

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant and rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty can soften the nose quite a bit, and a chin implant may improve your overall facial harmony.

Chin implant and rhinoplasty

+1

Photos show overly projecting nose and under projected chin. The best option is to perform a rhinoplasty which would decrease the projection of the entire nose and tip, refine and narrow the tip, and remove any slight hump on the bridge. A chin implant could also be placed through a submental incision directly over the mandible to give more projection to the chin for better facial balance.  To see other patient examples in our practice please see the link below

Nasal and chin surgery

+1

From your photos I would agree with the surgeon who recommended deprojection of the nose.  I would not turn up the tip any more.  I would also do either an advancement genioplasty of the chin or a chin implant.  Advancement genioplasty will improve neck form without a neck lift.  Donald  R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation will improve your appearance

+1

Based on the pictures you have posted I would think a rhinoplasty along with a chin augmentation would give you better harmony to your facial appearance.

I would recommend imaging by a board certified facial plastic surgeon to detail exactly what should be recommended and the changes needed.  You have to be able to express what you would like and be sure the surgeon is receptive to your questions and you feel comfortable asking questions as well as realistic expectations from your surgeon.

Good luck with your endeavor.

Bradford Patt, MD

Bradford S. Patt, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip etc. and chin implant.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip etc. and chin implant for your weak chin would be what you need. Your tip is already high enough so I would not "turn your tip up" as this will give you a piggy nose. You only need subtle changes to the tip and bridge. Choose an experienced surgeon who can show you short noses with bulbous tips that he has done.