Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant After Radiesse Injections (Waiting Period)?

I was injected to my nose and chin 18months ago, IMO my chin is like 90% back the way it was before and my nose is like 60% or so. I have been at number of consultations with physicians at my country, most of them them told me that it's already OK to go throw surgery. However 2 of them (have 30+ years xp in the profession) told me that I should wait another year, even 2 years so that all the material will COMPLETELY dissolve, otherwise my chances for a revision are high, to who should I listen?

+2

Radiesse can persist for up to 2 years in those areas.  The rate of revision for the nose may be influenced more so than the chin.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty-chin implant 18 months post Radiesse.

+2

Rhinoplasty-chin implant 18 months post Radiesse is a very good question. At 18 months most if the Radiesse is gone and you can have your surgery now without the outcome being altered in my experience. 

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation after Radiesse

+1

After 18 months, you should be ok to have surgery. Make sure to disclose the injectable to the surgeon. If you are in the LA area, I or any of my colleagues would be happy to help. Best of luck!

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS