Could a Rhinoplasty and a Chin Implant Achieve These Results? (photo)

Hello, I am wondering if a chin implant and a rhinoplasty can improve my appearance shown in my before and after altered photos. I feel as if my nose points downward when i smile and my chin seems receded. I would like results similar to my photo shopped pictures. Is this a realistic expectation? Finally is it okay to have these preformed at the same time?

Could a Rhinoplasty and a Chin Implant Achieve These Results?

+1

I mant times performed Rhinoplasty with Chin Augmentation using a Chin Implant and I believe that your photoshop results are indeed realistic.  There are many shapes and sizes of Chin Implants so be certain that the plastic surgeron you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive, handsome face.

Not Much Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation Offer Marginal Improvement

+1

Frankly, the most significant change that you have demonstrated is that the most significant change offered by rhinoplasty would be that the tip of the nose does not depress with smile.

Your nose is not unusually large for your face.  Likewise, yes, the chin recedes a bit, but when you smile, often the chin projects forward, so a very careful determination must be made at first consultation with a plastic surgeon regarding the wisdom of a chin implant.

Right now you are a handsome fellow and not too far from perfection, and you need to know that since, as I have often said, "the smallest changes are often the most difficult to achieve."

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION
robertkotlermd.com

Robert Kotler, MD

rhinoplasty and chin implant performed together

+1

It is best to have  a rhinoplasty and chin implant performed together under one anesthetic. The morphed pictures  look quite realistic and achievable. The rhinoplasty would involve shaving a dorsal hump, osteotomies and releasing the depressor septi ligament  which makes the tip droop upon animation.  A Silastic chin implant could be inserted through a small submental incision, and placed  over the mandible bone to give  better chin definition and augment the weak chin profile. Please see the link  below for examples of  the combination of rhinoplasty and chin implant in our practice

Combined Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

+1

Your predicted chin and nose results look very reasonable. It would be common and aesthetically advantageous to do both the rhinoplasty and chin augmentation at the same time.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Reasonable Results after Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1

Your morphed results are reasonable. It would be foolish to do the rhinoplasty and chin implant separately if you have the financial strength to have both procedures done simultaneously.

+1

Rhinoplasty for dorsal reduction and slight tip elevation and a chin implant to improve mental projection a bit can be performed together to achieve a similar result to the simulation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty and chin?

+1

Your simulations of your nose may be achievable from surgery.  In one view your chin looks OK so I am not sure if that would be necessary to do.  Best to be seen in person.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

I have done these together for more than 35 years. You should be able to get the results u showed if you go to a very experienced surgeon who does natural noses. 

Changing your chin and your nose

+1

the simulation you have here is realistic. However, these are fairly subtle changes on a face that already has very nice features. As you age your chin will thin or become a bit weaker and the tip of your nose will drop slightly. If it were me and we were talking about this over a beer in a social setting I would probably tell you wait 5 to 10 years to do what you have simulated here. Because the before-and-after will be easier to achieve and more worth your time money and risk. The slight changes to the nose you have here could work out perfectly but these are subtle changes and those of the toughest to deliver to the patient with a high degree of success. I would get several consults before moving forward.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant and Rhinoplasty for Profile Improvement

+1

Your photoshopped photos do appear to show a realistic and achievable goal.  Having a chin implant at the same time as a rhinoplasty is common for profile improvement.  Discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon at the time of your consult.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD