Rhinoplasty and Amount of Facial Fat

Hello, I'm Asian male 23 years old and have a very wide nose tip and flat nose bridge so I want to do ear cartilage for the tip of the nose and fix the end of the nose however the doctor suggests to make it seem less wide and flat and for the nose bridge I'm considering silicone but right now I'm out of shape so I have more body fat than before. If I get the silicone in now and lose weight later will the silicone show more because I lost weight hence looking unatural?

Nose not affected by weight gain or loss

+1

Weight gain or loss will not affect the appearance of the nose. Silastic silicone implants are placed along the bridge of the nose during the rhinoplasty operation to augment a flat nasal bridge. We do not recommend ear cartilage to the tip of the nose because it will make the nose feel permanently hard.  

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Rhinoplasty and Facial Fat

+1

The quantity of facial fat will not significantly change nasal appearance.The silicone you describe is probably an implant, not injections. I prefer to use the patient's own cartilage for both the tip and ridge.

Weight loss and facial implants

+1

It would be unlikely for a normal range of weight loss to produce or result in a more visible facial implant.

Rhinoplasty and weight loss

+1

Your surgeon most likely meant a hard silicone nasal implant which is used to raise the dorsum in patients with a flat nasal bridge. Weight gain or loss should have little to no influence on the final result.

Facial fat and rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Gaining or losing weight really has no bearing on you nasal anatomy and the results of a rhinoplasty. The silicone implant will look the same no matter what your weight gain or loss is.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.africanamericanrhinoplasty.com

Asian rhinoplasty and facial fat.

+1

I think your surgeon meant solid silicone implant. Your weight should not affect this now but can in 20 years depending on how thick your skin is. I have used septal or ear cartilage for the Asian nose for 35 years and prefer this method, but many like silicone.