Can I Have Rhinoplasty if I Already Have Fillers in my Nose? (photo)

I've had fillers in my nose to try and push out a couple of dimples! I hate the look of my nose now it's lumpy and the tip looks bolbous. I want to get a rhinoplasty to correct the cartilage blocking my left nostril which happened in an accident when I was young and I also want my nose slightly smaller and shaped more. Do I have to wait for the fillers to dissolve?

Rhinoplasty Should Wait Until Fillers Dissolve

+2

Before you proceed with a rhinoplasty I recommend you wait until all the filler has dissolved on its own or has been dissolved with hyaluronidase. If you want your nose to look great you shouldn’t chance surgery with fillers still in place. Also, research surgeons and make sure you choose one that is Board Certified and very experienced in rhinoplasty specifically. “Dr. D”

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler Injected in Nose and Rhinoplasty

+2

The filler injected in the nose should be allowed to dissipate.  If hyaluronic acid fillers were used, hyaluronidase can be used to dissolve them to shorten the time course.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty and nasal fillers

+2

Before embarking on a rhinoplasty it is important to have all fillers dissipated from the entire nose. There is no sense in trying to hit a moving target with the rhinoplasty procedure on  a nose  is going to change shape.

Can I Have Rhinoplasty if I Already Have Fillers in my Nose?

+1

Yes, Rhinoplasty lifts the nasal tissues and refines the actual nasal skeleton.  The fillers will not interfere with that process.

Rhinoplasty After Nasal Fillers

+1

Ideally you would wait until the filler in your nose has dissolved before having your procedure.  A time span of at least 6 months if you had a hyaluronic acid injected (e.g. Juvederm, Restylane).  I recommend allowing the filler to dissolve so that in this manner your surgeon views your nose with its normal anatomy and shape.

Anthony Bared, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty After Injectable Fillers Have Dissolved

+1

It would be best served in your rhinoplasty to let the fillers in your tip dissolve before undergoing surgery. Good rhinoplasty results are hard enough to achieve without a potentially confounding factor of filler materials in your nose. While some may argue that it may not make much of a difference, rhinoplasty is a precision operation where every detail counts. It is always best to operate on a stable target

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD