Can I get rhinoplasty at age 14? (Photo)

I have a crooked nose and have trouble breathing im 14 years old and I want to get surgery cause my when I lay down its so bad I feel like I can only breath in through obe nostril and its horrible my face is really mature and I could see the bone poking out , that is crooked Im 14 and im going to be 15 next month

Rhinoplasty at age 14?

+1
Hello, and sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. In general, the minimum recommended age to have rhinoplasty is as follows:

1) Girls - 15 years old
2) Boys - 16 years old

I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

At age 14, your candidacy for rhinoplasty surgery would be determined at your consultation.

+1
We offer rhinoplasty for teens in our practice. You may wish to consult with your parents, who have the ultimate authority, and several rhinoplasty specialists near you so you could see if you might be a candidate for well-performed rhinoplasty surgery.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Age for Rhinoplasty

+1
The appropriate age for rhinoplasty varies from one individual to the next.The key issue is not your chronological age,the key issue is you biological age.  Women mature significantly earlier than men and I have performed many rhinoplasties in women as young as 13 while sometimes having to postpone surgery in other cases. 

Jay M. Pensler, MD

14 is too young fora rhinoplasty.

+1
It is generally accepted that the nose reaches adult size in most patients at 15 in females and 16-17 in males. A rhinoplasty can be performed after that time.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, evaluating your level of maturity, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure with you and your parents would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

14 and rhinoplasty

+1
I think that unless it is an acute fracture, performing a formal rhinoplasty on a 14 year old is probably too young. It is best to wait until you are of adult size.  In women usually by about 15-16 in  men by 17-18

14 year old nose surgery

+1
Typically the nose is close to complete development at 16 years of age. In cases when the emotional anxiety from a unsightly nose is significant enough to cause developmental issues, it's reasonable to have a rhinoplasty earlier in life. You will need to have your parents or legal guardian sign off on the procedure.

Good Luck

David Shifrin, MD