Will Drinking Alcohol And Accidental Removal Of Stitch Affect Rhinoplasty Results?

I recently underwent functional and aesthetic rhinoseptoplasty, but feel like I wasn't careful enough. I didn't always keep the nasal bandaging tight, I started drinking a week and a half after, and accidentally pulled out a dissolvable stitch 5 days post op. My nostrils are slightly asymmetrical because of that stitch according to my doc. Will any of this affect the end result, and is it possible the nasal bridge might have widened a bit due to the lack of pressure?

Acted badly post op Rhinoplasty, now what?

+1

Well I have to say, that you surely didn't help yourself and the final result during the posop Rhinoplasty phase.  Drinking the first week and a half could have caused increased swelling that can now persist fro many months.  The honest truth here is that no one will ever know whether this had any effect on the final results or not.  IMHO, you should have an honest coinversation with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon and tell him what happened...get his/her take on the results and go from there.

I have performed Rhinoplasty and the full range of plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures for over 20 years.  I tell all of my patients that thepost op instructions are for their own good and that following them closely will increase the likelihood that they will get the results they want and deserve.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com