Could I Have Damaged My Rhinoplasty After a Year By Squeezing Blackheads?

Hello, it's been almost a year since my surgery but there still is a little swelling, and it hurts sometimes. But because there are a lot of blackheads on my nose, I have to squeeze the really deep and big ones sometimes. So today I think I was a little too harsh on my nose, I tried those metals to squeeze them and it really hurt. It's been 3 hours and it's still aching a bit. So is it possible to harm my nose at this point? I'm really worried. Thank you for you helps.

Skin Damage 1 Year after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very unlikely that you've done any damage to your nose by aggressively trying to eliminate blackheads in the nasal skin. Get evaluation and treatment by a Dermatologist to address your skin disease and improve your skin quality. You've spent all this time and money to improve the appearance of your nose but now that will be hidden under scarred unhealthy skin.

Damaging Your Nose By Squeezing the Skin

+1

It is unlikely that you are doing any significant harm from squeezing a blackhead at nearly one year out from surgery. However, it would be recommended that you try an alternative method for treating the blackheads.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Damage to nose sqeezing blackheads

+1

No, I don't think that you did any damage to the rhinoplasty a year ago. But why don't you treat yourself to a good facial and let a professional aesthetician help you. If you have Hydrafacials in your area - go for it. They are great.

Ronald Schuster, MD