Bridge is not Straight, and Tip Points Up, is This a Failed Surgery? (photo)

I've some questions regarding my nose surgery. My current concern is nasal profile line. I realized the tip of my nose is pointed upwards. The line of my nose from start of the bridge (top) to tip (bottom) looking from the profile is not straight. The tip is quite protruded. Is this temporary? This is my 15th day post-op. The doctor said that he can't ensure a very straight profile as it depends on many factors. Is this considered a failed surgery/ bad nose job?

Rhinoplasties Take Time, Just Like Wine.

+3

For 15 days post-op, you look good from here. No bruising is noted!

You need to give it time; usually the tip drops a bit making the profile look more " straight". Right now, you are doing OK. Watch and see, in a couple of weeks,  you will like your nose better.

Nature requires time. No operation can be fully healed in 15 days so you cannot judge the result at that point.

Typically, Nature requires 100 days for basic healing and reduction of swelling but some noses take longer.

Your patience will be rewarded; just don't fret about what you cannot control.

Trust Nature and trust your doctor. Rmember, you cannot call the results of the football game in the first quarter, right? That's where you are.

-Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Size and position of the tip can be affected by swelling

+1

Hello Gassy,

Thank you for the question and the photo.  Both the size and position of the tip can be affected by swelling which I am certain you have at only 2 weeks following your rhinoplasty.  Give it a month or two for most of the swelling to go away and then you can re-evaluate. 

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Bridge is not Straight, and Tip Points Up, is This a Failed Surgery?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, you might just be panicked after your Rhinoplasty.  IMO, you should be having this discussion with your Rhinoplasty surgeon at 15 days post Rhinoplasty.  Non one here knows what your nose looked like before the Rhinoplasty or what was done to your nose during the Rhinoplasty so honestly, how could we comment on how things went.  Further, the results are not yet revealed since you're just 2 weeks post op from a surgery that takes 6-12 months to show the final results.  IMHO, you should take a deep breath and give yourself some time to heal.

Nasal Appearance 15 Days Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Your appear to have normal swelling 15 days after your rhinoplasty. Your profile line will improve as the swelling resolves. Please trust your surgeon until you can critically evaluate his work.

Rhinoplasty healing is a process

+1

Your nose looks very good for 15 days out. I would expect the roundness and fullness at the tip to settle significantly over the next several weeks. Steroid injections and/or taping may help, but may not be necessary. You surgeon will likely mention these at your 1 month postop visit.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Postop expectations

+1

At this particular time your nose looks like it is healing well.  2 weeks is way too early to make any assessments of the long term results that were created.  You'll notice that your tip will drop slightly and the remainder of your nasal dorsum will appear more straight.  You'll also lose a bit of volume at the superior part of the tip making it appear slighly smaller.  Overall with just the one photo to evaluate it looks to me as if you're doing quite well.  Hang in there!

Shepherd G. Pryor, MD
Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip over rotated after rhinoplasty

+1

The tip in your photo is quite rotated and the result is 'cute' if this is indeed what you expected. For others, the tip is over rotated and shortened, and the bridge is strongly reduced. Again, some would like the bridge a little more neutral. Computer imaging and planning can reduce disappointments, and the surgery is only a failure if it fails to please you.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Tip of my nose pointed up after rhinoplasty

+1

While it is impossible to really judge without a before picture, your nose looks very cute in the early post surgical period.  Although it is still significantly swollen, it is not bruised, and does not appear surgical at all.  I believe you are headed for a beautiful result.  Swelling diminishes for 6-12 months, and contracture affects the result for over one year.  

Steve Laverson, MD

Post Op Rhinoplasty Results

+1

From the photo you provided it is difficult to fully appreciate your nose, but no matter what, 15 days is too early to judge you results.  You need to be patient with any rhinoplasty. There will be continued swelling at the tip and there are manipulations your surgeon might be able to do if excessive. No matter what, patience will help improve the nasal shape, but judgment should be withheld until many months from your operative date.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD