Rhinoplasty After Silicone 1000

Can I have rhinoplasty after a non surgical nose job preformed with sillikon 1000? If i can would the doctor have to work around the sillkon 1000 or can it be extracted? Thanks

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Not really

+1

Injection of Silicone into the nose should be ABSOLUTELY avoided! If you do take this unnecessary risk and do get an irresponsible plastic surgeon to inject silicone into your nose then a rhinoplasty will be much more difficult.  Silicone cannot be easily "extracted."  It would have to be cut out like a tumor.  It can be done but it is very problematic and not worth the risk. If you want to do a non surgical rhinoplasty then use Restylane instead.  

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialistsurgeon.com/non-surgical-rhinoplasty/augmentative-rhinoplasty/

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Depending on your condition, Rhinoplasty Surgery may be considered after Silikon-1000 injections.

+2

I read your concern:

In my practice, Silikon-1000 works well for improving many nasal irregularities, but the injections must be performed properly adhering to the serial puncture, microdroplet technique.

I cannot comment on your candidacy for Rhinoplasty Surgery without reviewing your photos or meeting you.

I have performed several Rhinoplasty Surgeries on patients that have undergone silicone nasal injections pre-operatively, and the presence of silicone in the soft tissue did not lend to a more difficult surgery.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silicone injection and Rhinoplasty

+1

Anthony,

Thank you for sharing. Silicone injection in the nose is fraught with both immediate and long term complications. The product is permanent and becomes integrated within the tissue requiring it to be excised if removal is necessary. The most valuable component of the nasal anatomy is the skin, everything else can be replaced with grafting.  If the silicone causes skin infection/necrosis/irregularities it can cause a great deal of damage to the nasal covering. Alternative, non-permanent fillers are a better option if you are committed to the non-surgical option. That said, if you have already had silicone injections, I highly recommend seeing a rhinoplasty specialist prior to moving forward with any intervention. I hope this helps. Take care

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

OK to have rhinoplasty after Silicone 1000

+1

It is probable that you can have a successful rhinoplasty after using Silicone 1000 for a non-surgical nose job. I would recommend that you see an expert rhinoplasty surgeon with experience performing on those who have had non-surgical nose jobs. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info/rhinoplasty.html

Rhinoplasty After Silicone 1000

+1

The short answer, is perhaps.  The silicone injected into the nose makes this more complicated and you really should have several in person consultations with experienced Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeons.  Be sure the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Rhinoplasty after Silicone 1000 Injection

+1

The answer to your question depends on how much silicone was injected, where it was placed, and what you want to change with the rhinoplasty surgery. A copy of the operative report when the silicone was injected, an examination of your nose and a consultation are necessary to make any recommendations.

Rhinoplasty After Silicone Injections

+1

I think what you will find is that most plastic surgeons would not operate on a nose that has been injected with silicone. The risks of tissue necrosis/healing problems are infinitely increased. If you have not had silicone injected into your nose...don't! If you have then know that a rhinoplasty, even if one someone agrees to do it, is fraught with risk. There is no working around or removing the silicone.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyrhinoplasty.com

"Rhinoplasty" with silicone or Silikon 1000 injections in the face

+1

I have been quite vocal about this and will continue to be vocal about this problem.

Silicone should not be injected into the face, period. 

Some of the worst postsurgical appearances have been caused by silicone injections.  The silicone does not stay in one place, it invades the tissues and eventually cannot be removed.  It can cause progressive deformation, chronic infections and a distorted, sometimes grotesque appearance.

The surgeries to fix this problem are complex and ongoing.  Many surgeons refuse to treat silicone patients, especially if they do not have realistic expectations about what their desired endpoint is.

Many celebrities have been vocal about having had silicone injections.

So sorry about the bad news but this is my experience with this condition.

There are still things that can be done to help patients with silicone, and seeking a caring board certified plastic surgeon who will be realistic with you is your best bet.

Rhinoplasty After Silicone 1000

+1

I think you would have a very difficult time finding a reputable surgeon to operate on a nose that has had silicone injections