Rhinoplasty After Roaccutane

how long before i can have a rhinoplasty after one month of roaccutane?

Rhinoplasty after 1 Month of Accutane

After 1 month of accutane, wait at least 6-12 months before rhinoplasty surgery. Your nasal surgeon and dermatologist should discuss the timing of your operation.

Greatest risk with Accutane is healing from skin resurfacing - would still wait 12 months for rhinoplasty

The greatest risk with Accutane is healing from skin resurfacing where the skin is removed and has to heal from the surrounding hair follicles and sweat glands. Rhinoplasty is obviously different but i would recommend waiting a full 12 months before undergoing an elective facial surgery after Accutane. It's just not worth the risk to you to proceed sooner.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty After Roaccutane

Accutane and any elective surgery a big NO NO! Wait at least 6 months to 2 years. From MIAMI DR.. Darryl J. Blinski

Should be OK!

Because rhinoplasty does not involve any skin resurfacing, because the time on Accutane was so brief, and because the sebaceous activity of the skin of the nose is so great, I believe that it would be safe to proceed at any time. I would make sure, however, that the oiliness of the nasal skin had returned to normal, just to be safe.

I have done several rhinoplasties on patients who recently discontinued Accutane and have had no problems.

George Sanders, MD

Surgery after Roaccutane

Recommendations for surgery following cessation of Roaccutane range anywhere from 6 month up to 2 years.

Wait a year for rhinoplasty after accutane

Accutane has very serious side effects, many of which can be considered dangerous and its use has been on a steady decline in the US. It does have a serious affect on healing, and rule of thumb is wait a year for any elective surgery.

Accutane and rhinoplasty.

I wait at least 18 months after a patient has been on Accutane before doing a rhinoplasty. Check with your dermatologist.