Rhinoplasty After Restylane?

My doctor had injected restylane in my nasal bridge for the very first time 2 years ago. I came back to him a year ago to follow up with the results. He had told me that the restylane is still there and that I didn't need any more injected. I told him to inject a little bit more for some final touch ups. It has been one year since my last injection of restylane and 2 years since my very first. Would it be safe to undergo rhinoplasty now? If not, how long would you suggest I wait?

Rhinoplasty After Restylane

+1

I see more and more patients who have had Restylane before and after rhinoplasty and it is entirely fine to do a rhinoplasty within 2-3 months within having Restylane injections. This is the optimal hyaluronic acid filler to use in the nose as it is resorbable and safe in the subcutaneous layers of the nose.

Rhinoplasty after Restylane

+1

It is ok to undergo a rhinoplasty since it has been a year.  You could also have your surgeon inject Vitrase prior to surgery to ensure it is all gone prior to undergoing a rhinoplasty

Restylane in the Nose and Rhinoplasty

+1

Some of the restylane may still be present, and I guess you could wait another 2 years.  I would be inclined to operate to on you, but I do not have a good feel for the amount injected and how it looked before and after.  This would be helpful information to have.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA