Rhinoplasty After Maxillofacial Surgery? (photo)

Hi doctor, I under went orthognathic surgery ( osteotomy lefort 1 impaction) 1 year and 2 months ago to fix a gummy smile of 9mm. I knew prior to my surgery that my nose will change but now i just cant be joyful of the result because my nose is very wide and 'piggish' looking. I saw many reputable plastic surgeon to discuss a possible rhinoplasty and they ALL advised me that i will ONLY need an alarplasty and doing more work would not be natural but i am worried. what should i do? Thank you

Rhinoplasty after Maxillofacial surgery

+1

Narrowing of the nasal base will obviously improve the appearance of your nose. It is unusual if that is the only change that is necessary. However, you have submitted a very limited picture of your nose which makes it impossible to offer any other suggestions..

Rhinoplasty After Maxillofacial Surgery?

+1

Aesthetically speaking the nasal tip appears wide with flared nostrils.  A Rhinoplasty to reduce to thin the nasal tip combined with reduction of the nostril flare would seem indicated IMHO.  This should have zero impact on your prior LeForte surgery.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

From the looks of your nose you have an ethnic type nose. I would advise you to consider a surgeon that has alot of experience in ethnic rhinoplasty. Alarplasty is not the only thing that would help you, if the surgeons are advising only alarplasty then I doubt they have much experience with ethnic rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

+1

With this limited photograph it is hard to advise you. A full frontal and profile picture would be needed for a better expert opinion. If you would like to send photographs to my email listed below I would be happy to further answer your inquiry. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD