Rhinoplasty After Le Fort I Osteotomy Surgery

After a Le Fort I osteotomy surgery and sinus surgery to correct a deviated septum and open my sinuses 6 years ago, one of my nostrils appears larger than the other and the entire nasal area looks wider. Also, the nostrils and upper lip look "detached" from my face. Is there some way to fix these 2 problems? Can this be done under local anesthetic? Thank you in advance for your help and guidance.

Rhinoplasty after LeForte I Osteotomy

+1

Nasal changes which are frequent after a LeForte I osteotomy can be improved with rhinoplasty surgery, but I don't recommend doing this under local anesthesia. You should look forward to the last step in your goal to improve your facial contouring.

Rhinoplasty, le forte I osteotomy

+1

Le forte I osteotomy can alter the shape of the nose. This often needs a secondary nasal correction after 6 months of surgery. It is best done under general anaesthetic as it may need bone grafting.

Sanjay Parashar, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty after Lefort I Osteotomy

+1

I would not advise you to undergo this procedure under local but you could consider IV sedation. This procedure is far more complex than it may sound and may require bone grafts to the maxilla. Meed with an experienced rhinoplasty revision surgeon

Rhinoplasty after Lefort I

+1

Sometimes noses do look a bit wider after a Lefort I due to the release of soft tissue.  If you have a wide looking nose, this may be corrected.  Hard to say without an exam.