How Long to Wait for Rhinoplasty After Fat Grafting to Lower Eyelids?

After having done fat grafting to the lower eyelids, how long should one wait after having rhinoplasty? Would 2 months be ok? I've looked at recovery pictures from rhinoplasty, and they get really dark at the exact same area where fat is put in under the eyelid. Could it affect the take of the graft?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

About 3 months

+1

You want to let the swelling from the fat grafting to settle down so your rhinoplasty surgeon can judge what he needs to do to your nose more precisely.  I would saw 3 months should be a decent waiting period.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty after swelling from fat grafting to lower eyelid resolves

+1

It is probably acceptable to undergo a rhinoplasty within three months of fat grafting to the lower lids. It is just important to make sure that there is no swelling on the nose prior to embarking on a rhinoplasty so that the rhinoplasty surgeon can see the true shape of your nose before operating.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Nose job (rhinoplasty) after fat grafting to lower eyelids

+1

Rhinoplasty performed 2 months following lipoinjection to the eyes should proceed uneventfully and have liitle impact on the results of the fat grafting procedure.

Rhinoplasty after Lower Eyelid Fat Grafting

+1

There is no need to wait. I have no problen doing fat sculpting of the lower eyelids and a rhinoplasty at the same time.

You can have rhinoplasty after lower lid fat grafting 2 months later.

+1

The fat has scar around it and will not be moved with a rhinoplasty at 2 months. You can have the rhinoplasty now.

No reason to wait too long for a Rhinoplasty

+1

A Tip rhinoplasty is not done anywhere close to the lower lids and a full reduction rhinoplasty in which the side walls of the nose are pushed together to narrow the bridge of the nose does not involve the exact area of the fat grafting. As a result, a 2 month recovery period you set for yourself is not really required and would be more than adequate.