Is Rhinoplasty Affordable for a College Student?

I'd like to know if a rhinoplasty operation is affordable for a college student living at home with his parents working a part-time job that makes around $7-$12 dollars an hour. Im set on getting a rhinoplasty operation, but am not sure if I can afford it based on my limited income for the time being.

Rhinoplasty possible for College Students.

+1

Costs can vary widely across the country and even in the same city. We have a number of college students who have surgery with us.  The most important consideration that we tell them is to ensure that it is done with a reputable surgeon and that you are not rushing the surgery to fit into your college schedule. 3rd party financing such as CareCredit can often spread out the costs for a patient.

Rhinoplasty costs

+1

The costs for rhinoplasty include surgeons fees, facility and anesthesia fees.  They can add to an amount that is not in a college student's budget.  Many offices offer credit financial aid, but adding debt at ones early years needs to be evaluated.  This procedure is not a covered cost with insurance companies.  Good luck.

Rodger Wade Pielet, MD (in memoriam)

Do not choose your rhinoplasty surgeon soley on the price of the procedure

+1

Rhinoplasty is the most complicated of all cosmetic surgeries.  I would seek consultation with multiple surgeons to get several different opinions.  Cost can vary widely, but do not pick you surgeon just because he is the cheapest.  Seek a surgeon who does several surgeries a week, not the occasional rhinoplasty surgeon.  Be sure to see lots of before and after pictures.  Board Certification by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery is preferred, as these surgeons have spent their entire training focusing on nasal surgery.  Good luck.

Warmest regards,

Dr. Pippin

Gregory Pippin, MD
Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Fees

+1

The fees for a rhinoplasty will be determined by a number of factor including surgeon;s fee, facility fees and anesthesia fees. There will be a difference on fees based on your geographical location. Most offices accept major credit cards and some even offer finance plans. the fees for a rhinoplasty in Columbus, Ohio range from about $4900-$6700.    More important than the fees are the qualification of the surgeon you choose to perform your surgery. Make certain the surgeon is board certified in facial plastic or plastic surgery.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Costs for Rhinoplasty

+1
Rhinoplasty surgery fees differ from surgeon to surgeon, where their location is as well the difficulty or ease of the procedure and the surgeons expertise. Personally I do many rhinoplasty surgeries on graduates of High School prior to their departing to college. Those patients run a gambit as far as whether the cost is feasible. Many patients have the good fortune that the fees are a graduating present, others take out loans prior to college as they want a fresh start with improved self esteem. Care credit is a good finance company that will allow your parents to cosign on the loan. They have many no interest programs and it is easier paying a loan while you have no other expenses and are under your parents roof then when you get to enjoy your full freedom and the expenses that come with that responsibility. Fee averages are around 4000.00 to 15,000.00 in the Newport Beach and Beverly Hills communities. It is important to select a good surgeon who you have seen there before and after photos, spoken with their patients and has a great reputation for rhinoplasty surgery. In my practice I use a digital imaging computer which allows the patient to see the proposed surgical result prior to their procedure. I have hundreds of before and after photos to review and my patients are happy to discuss with a consulting patient about their experience with rhinoplasty surgery. Following these suggestions should help you determine a good surgical plan and find a surgeon you have a great repore with. I did my daughters nose before her college departure and it was a great decision she is ecstatic and it did give her that boost of self esteem she needed. Also you want a mild change that is aesthetically pleasing with your personal facial features so people don't comment on your "nose job" just that you look better. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Is Rhinoplasty affordable for a college student?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, the cost of the Rhinoplasty is the last factor anyone should use in selecting their Rhinoplasty Surgeon.  Instead follow these steps in deciding if Rhinoplasty is right for you and who you want to perform the Rhinoplasty.  These, IMHO, are the most important deciding factors:

1. The Aesthetic judgement of the plastic and cosmetic surgeon, or in thgis case, the Rhinoplasty surgeon.  Even the most talent Rhinoplasty Surgeon can't get the desired results from a flawed, aesthetically incorrect plan that's doomed to failure from the start.  In making yiour nose more attractive, aesthetics are everything, so get the best.
  2. Experience performing Rhinoplasty....more experienced surgeons do charge more but at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.
  3. Understandin your specific needs and desires regarding a more attractive nose.
  4. Now you can consider price, board qualifications, surgical membership affiliations etc.

Remember, that you do not need to have a Rhinoplasty, nor do you need to have one right now.  IMHO, it's better to wait until you can get the quality that you desire.

Beverly Hills rhinoplasty costs

+1

Hello and thank you for the question.

There is quite a variety in prices for a primary rhinoplasty and it is region  and surgeon dependent. In Beverly Hills, you can expect to pay anywhere from $7500 up to  $22,000 USD for a primary rhinoplasty. I suggest you consult with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons or Facial Plastic Surgeons  and get as many opinions as necessary to make you comfortable with the procedure.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

A rhinoplasty is an expensive procedure

+1

A rhinoplasty is an extensive procedure and should not be done if you are going to be looking for a 'budget' surgery. 

If it is not done right the first time you will need a revision rhinoplasty (as almost 20% of the population does) so will end up costing even more in the long run.  You really do get what you pay for in most situations.

However, my office sometimes offers special discounts if we can use the patient's testimonial and before/after photos for a video on the web.  If you have any breathing issues you also may be able to get some of it covered by medical insurence.  There are also financing options available to spread out the cost over a few years.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Afford

+1

Rhinoplasty is an expensive surgery but, worth it for many patients. Affordability is always a personnal issue. But, don't overextend your self in this economy

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Please do not seek out a "bargain" rhinoplasty

+1

If you truly want to have a rhinoplasty, seek out the most qualified Facial Plastic Surgeon that does ALOT of rhinoplasty. Get a second opinion if you have any doubts and a third opinion after that if necessary. Look at lots of photos. Ask your surgeons if they can use software to give you a look at the result they're seeking to obtain. Make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Pick your surgeon, then consider the cost. If you cannot afford it then wait until you have the means. If you choose your surgeon to save money, your risk of being unhappy with the result is elevated. This will cost you a lot more in the long run.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon