Does Rhinoplasty Affect Eyebrow/forehead Movement?

I have had my splint off for about a week now but still unable to move my eyebrows/feel my forehad. I have seen that smiling may temporary not be possible as the surgery has its effects on the upper lip, but is it also normal to be unable to lift the eyebrows? If so, why is this?

Rhinoplasty affect eyebrow/forehead movement

+1

A rhinoplasty per se should have no adverse effect on the movement of your eyebrows or forehead. Following rhinoplasty, there may be swelling in the lower forehead region between your eyebrows (glabella region) that may extend to the central portions of your eyebrows and adjacent forehead. This swelling may temporarily limit mobility in this region. Other than the swelling, there is no anatomical reason why a rhinoplasty should impact forehead and eyebrow movement.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead Numbness After Rhinoplasty Not Common

+1

It is very unusual to have no sensation at all in the forehead after a rhinoplasty.

If you did not have any Botox in the forehead and cannot raise your eyebrows, that is unusual as well.

You need to see your physician to get examined in detail.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not related to the rhinoplasty

+1

The surgical aproach for the rhinoplasty will not cause any changes to the forehead feeling and movement. You need to discuss these with your plastic surgeon.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty healing tips

+1

Rhinoplasty should have no effect on the upper third of your face.  You are still swollen and that explains why you are noticing difficulty with your eyebrows.

Jason B. Diamond, MD

Rhinoplasty should NOT affect Brow Movement of Forehead Sensation

+1

Nose surgery, in itself, should NOT affect brow movement, forehead sensation or your ability to smile. It definitely should not keep you from being able to raise your brows. In my opinion, you should contact your surgeon and have it looked at.

Rhinoplasty and brow movement

+1

Rhinoplasty generally should not affect your brow movement unless an additional procedure was done at that time.  It's possible that you have some residual surgical glue (which we use to hold the splint on) on your forehead, which can feel tight and limit motion.  I suggest calling your surgeon's office to ask about your brow movement.  Best wishes, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS