Rhinoplasty Advice? (photo)

I have always felt that my nose is too long for my face and that the place between my nostrils sticks out too much. Can you please give me advice as to what I would need to fix? I posted before, but now I'm trying to put more accurate photos up.

Rhinoplasty advice?

+1

Specific nuances of the rhinoplasty procedure are best addressed in person during a physical examination at the time of consultation with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  Asymmetries of the nasal bridge can be addressed with osteotomies and unilateral spreader grafts to the concaved side.  A hump (consists of bone and cartilage) can be certainly removed.  Osteotomies are typically then performed to straighten and narrow the nasal bridge.  Removal of a small amount of cartilage from the tip will feminize and refine the tip area.  The columella can be trimmed inwards if it sticks out much between the nostrils.

Rhinoplasty and Reducing the Length

+1

The apparent length of the nose can be readily reduced through several maneuvers, depending upon the degree of reduction you are seeking.  This can be done without an external scar (closed rhinoplasty).

Rhinoplasty can make a big difference.

+1

Hi.

You would definitely benefit by having a rhinoplasty.  The specific steps, you have to leave up to an expert surgeon who has examined you in person.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Eyegirl2016,

Although a formal examination with a board certified plastic surgeon is required to come up with a formal operative plan, I do think your nasal aesthetic could be improved with an open rhinoplasty.  Your nasal tip does seem slightly bulbous, and the nose does appear long.  These can be addressed with a rhinoplasty.

Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Rhinoplasty Advice?

+1

Aestheically speaking, from the photos provided, the nose has a dorsal hump and the nasal tip is a bit wide.  A Closed Rhinoplasty would thin the nasal tip and reduce the dorsal hump.

Rhinoplasty

+1

You look like you would do well with a rhinoplasty. Most physicians will be able to do computer imaging or review photos of what you would like your nose to look like.  Interview a couple of PS to get an opinion about what is  a realistic outcome.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Advice?

+1

Best to make a few IN PERSON appointments with boarded rhinoplasty surgeons in your city. Than you can discuss your options. 

Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for  the photos.  If you are unhappy with the size of your nose, you may want to meet with a plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns. You may be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty Advice? (photo)

+1

You would have a more delicate and feminine nose by reduction rhinoplasty.  

Although personal exam required before offering definitive recommendations, my tentative plan would be to lower the top of your nose (keeping the profile straight) which would diminish projection of the tip of your nose slightly.  Would diminish size and refine shape of tip to be more angular, and perhaps open columellar-lobular angle a bit.  Not sure about raising columella (between nostrils) from photo, but would likely trim it slightly.

See a good plastic surgeon in your area.  Consultations often free of charge, and you get so much more information than can be provided online.

Steve Laverson, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your photos are too dark and need a better background. A closer view would be helpful. Look at professional before and after photos and try to do your best to submit something similar and then people can give a better opinion.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon