How to Sleep After Rhinoplasty, Tummy Tuck, and Brazilian Butt Lift?

I am going to have a nose job, tummy tuck and Brazilian butt lift on the same day. My doctor assures me that this is safe. How will I rest and sleep?

Rhinoplasty, Tummy Tuck, and Brazilian Butt Lift; Butt How to Sleep?

+2

Hi At Last,
I would say standing up and staying real still, for a long time....just kidding. I only perform rhinoplasty of the three procedures that you are having. Rhinoplasty patients sleep with their nose elevated above their heart level on their back (which may conflict with your derriere surgery). You should discuss this, and all of the other possible risks and complications associated with your multiple procedures with your surgeon.
I would direct you to Dr. Placik's and Dr. Aldea's answers here on RealSelf.
Good luck and sleep well.
Dr. P

Sleeping after Multiple Procedures

+1

After rhinoplasty I recommend that patients sleep on their backs with the head elevated. My first reaction would be to consider a more conservative approach to the number of procedures, but ask your surgeon what he/she recommends.

Sleeping position after rhinoplasty, tummy tuck and butt lift

+1

With those three procedures you will not sleep very well for the first week after the surgery. You will not be able to breathe well out of your nose, be quite stuffy and congested, and have a headache. There will be a significant amount of pain from the tummy tuck and butt lift. You will probably have to sleep in the position that causes you the least amount of discomfort.

Multiple cosmetic procedures

+1

You are having multiple major surgical procedures. Each of these procedures require finnesse, time, and expertise. You can not hurry the nose or the Brazilian Butt, each of these procedures can take 4 hours (total 8 hoours), add 2 1/2 tummy tuck, that is 10 1/2 hours. If one tries to rush the time, you then compromize on the potential results.

Sleeping after Rhinoplasty, Tummy Tuck, and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

"With difficulty" in a semi sitting position taking a lot of pain meds. Than surviving the first few days. That is how to sleep after those operations combined. 

Sleep position after surgery

+1

After a tummy tuck, butt lift, and rhinoplasty you probably are best off lying in a semi-reclined position on your back. Certainly somewhat flexed is a good position after a tummy tuck.

How to sleep after multiple procedures

+1

Wow...

I'm concerned that you are having a LOT of surgery at once...

And I'm concerned that the combination of procedures you are having is going to make your recovery very complicated, as the optimal position for a tummy tuck patient to be in is NOT a good position for a Brazilian Butt Lift patient to be in...

And the positions which would be comfortable and safe for most Brazilian Butt Lift patients are NOT good for rhinoplasty and tummy tuck patients....

I'm also concerned that you are probably looking at 2-3 weeks of having a hard time finding a comfortable position.

I personally would not agree to this combination- I never agree to a procedure that might compromise the safety or outcome of another I'm doing on the same patient on the same day...

I would ask your surgeon what position he/she recommends.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Sleep after rhinoplasty, tummy tuck, buttock surgery

+1

This is a lot of surgery in one sitting, and I personally do not recommend this to patients based on the increased risk of complications with prolonged surgery. Your head will need to be on 2 pillows after the nasal sugery; after circumferential lower body surgery, it's easier to sleep with the knees very slightly bent over a pillow. You should discuss this with your surgeon in detail. Good luck.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Sleeping after circumferential Cosmetic Surgery

+1

Maybe you should ask YOUR Plastic surgeon to demonstrate how he / she would sleep after a long surgery session on his Nose / Abdomen and Buttocks. (Be sure to take reminder photos with your cell phone for post-op visual reminders...)

Personally, I like my patients and would prefer NOT to inflict these forced acrobatics upon them in addition to the risks of prolonged anesthesia when it would be a lot more comfortable and safer to do these operations in more logical stages.

Sleeping position after multiple procedures.

+1

There is no perfect sleeping position. Generally speaking after rhinoplasty you should sleep with your head up. This is ok with your tummy tuck and you may want to sleep with your knees gently flexed. However most surgeons advise sustained pressure to the buttock following augmentation and this can be nearly impossible with the above two procedures which will take priority.