Rhinoplasty - 27 Y/o African American Female Filler/Washed Out?

I feel as I mature that my nose doesn't fit the rest of my face/age. I believe that the issue is mid-vault thickness. I would like to keep the width of my radix & raise the bridge somewhat. Could rasping the lateral nasal bone give me results or would lateral OS be more beneficial? Possible to take cartilage from the side walls & use it to raise the bridge without OS? Is lateral OS possible without changing the radix width? OS=osteotomies

+1

You speak of rhinoplasty as if you're a surgeon.  I need to see your photos and discuss your goals.  Ethnic rhinoplasty is something we do quite a bit and I'm interested in seeing your photos.

Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for African American nose

+1

It is really difficult to advise you on specific techniques for improving the middle vault of your nose without photos.  My best recommendation is to find a surgeon you trust who is experienced in rhinoplasty and scheduling an exam to fully assess both the structure and appearance of your nose.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

I would need to see your photos to give you an idea of what might be possible  and / or advisable.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

African American Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Without the benefit of seeing your pictures, I would say that lateral osteotomies should raise your bridge slightly. However, you may also need some nasal augmentation with either cartilage grafts or silicone implant.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty for the African-American nose.

+1

I need to see photos to give a proper answer  of what would be best for your nose. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does many African Amer. noses.