I had rhinoplasty 2.5 years ago. I just banged it and there's a small bump on the side of it?

I had rhinoplasty 2.5 years ago. I just banged it and there's a small bump on the side of it. I have been icing it and took ibuprofen. Should I see my surgeon if the bump doesn't goes away?

Trauma After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Gen291984, The bump will most likely go away with time and icing. However, if it persists for more than a week or so, then you should follow up with your surgeon. Good luck. Dr Gervais

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Bump on nose after banging it

+1

Most likely this bump is temporary swelling. See your rhinoplasty surgeon if this persists. Best wishes.

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

I think the best thing to do would be to have an exam to determine if anything has occurred.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.