Rhinoplasty 25 Days Post-op Problem! My Nose Tip Has Dropped. Will it Straighten? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 25 days ago. i had the bone shaved and i told the doctor i want my nose straight. I removed the cast 7 days post-op then kept the tapes on my nose for an entire week. After i removed the tapes(14 days post-op) my nose was straight but then after time the tip became round and bulbous and its not anymore straight! 2 days ago i noticed that my tip has dropped! first 2/3 of my nose is straight, the last 1/3 goes downwards. It looks like this \ .\ ..\ ...\ ....l will it straighten?

Too Early To Judge The Results Of A Rhinoplasty

+1

At 25 days post-op, swelling persists and one cannot make a fair assessment of a rhinoplasty. 

Based on your photos, it looks like you have a thick nasal skin and that will slow your recovery pace naturally.

I advise you to be a little more patient and to look forward for the 6 months post-op mark.

Usually, it takes about 12 months after the surgery to have the end results established and in your case you can expect them to show a little later because of the nature of your nasal skin.

Finally, I recommend that you follow your surgeon's instructions and to protect your nose from any possible trauma.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Tip Has Dropped 25 Days Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is premature to evaluate your nose just 25 days after surgery. I understand your concern, but let the tip swelling resolve. It will change.

Tip drop

+1

You cannot judge a result this early. There are many healing forces going on. Wait and be cool. Yhere is nothing you can do now anyway.It very well maygo up as healing progresses

Rhinoplasty at a few weeks post-surgery

+1

At this point, you are probably significantly swollen in the tip. It will take months for it to improve.  Give it time.

Changes in appearance the first few weeks following rhinoplasty.

+1

In the first 2 weeks following rhinoplasty there is extensive soft tissue swelling.  The swelling works its way out of the various parts of the nose at different rates, so appearances may change over time.  At this point it is best to wait several more months before deciding whether the result is acceptable or whether you want a revision procedure.  Things may continue to change and improve.  In the meantime I would recommend staying in touch with your surgeon and discussing your concerns with him or her. 

Good Luck.  Mario J. Imola,  

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

25 Days After a Rhinoplasty the Tip Will Not Raise

+1

First, I want to point out that you are still very early in the healing process.  Your nose is going to continue to change for the better as it heals over the next year.   During your healing, the swelling will decrease, and your nose will become more defined.  I caution all patients at this point in their healing to make conclusions about the final aesthetic result of their rhinoplasty.

The tip of the nose typically falls over a few weeks after surgery.  From your profile picture, I would not say that you have an overly drooping tip.  I think it looks nice, but I know that is not the question you are asking.  The tip will not come up over time, but you may like the overall appearance better as the swelling evolves.  I would be patience and talk about this concern with your doctor.

In regards to the straightness of your nose from the frontal view, again it is early to make conclusion.  There may be uneven swelling or it may not of been corrected during the surgery.  It is very difficult to tell at this time.  Again, I would wait to see how you nose looks in 6 months.  If it is still crooked, then it will not likely be straight for the long term.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon