Nose Detached After Rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty in 1999, about a yr ago I felt a dent by the upper part of my nose. I went to the doctors for answers? He asked when did I broke my nose? I told him never. He said it feels like they didn't put enough cartilage to secure my nose. If I push the bottom of my nose up it is smooth all thew way down the center, but when I let go & u feel down the center it feels like there is a dent or like it detached. Now I am in severe pain & it only feels better & breathe better by taping it up.

"Detached Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Pain is never normal 11 years after nasal surgery. See an rhinoplasty specialist to determine if there is separation or loss in the nasal bones or cartilages. Tape is not the answer.

Cartilagenous - Bony Seperation

+1

Hi,

It sounds like the bony-cartilagenous junction in the dorsum of your nose has separated. It is also possible that you had too much cartilage removed. You may need a revision rhinoplasty. ]

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Nose "detached" after rhinoplasty.

+1

You should not be having any pain at all. You should see an ENT surgeon in your area for evaluation.