I Had Rhinoplasty 18 Days Ago and I Am Getting Married in 4 Months Will my Nose and Smile Be Ready?

I notice that when I smile it still hurts and was wondering when it will go away. Also, I went to try on wedding dresses and I don't know if it affects my nose?

Rhinoplasty recovery time...

+1

The swelling after Rhinoplasty mostly resolves in about 2 weeks, but some degree of swelling can last several months.  After rhinoplasty, the nose and upper lip typically feel stiffer, and this should be fine within two months, definitely four.  It is important to keep in mind that recovery time will vary from patient to patient, because everyone heals at different speeds.  Trying on wedding dresses should not affect your nose, but try not to hit it with your arm while slipping on the dress for a full month.

Web reference: http://www.AssociatesinPlasticSurgery.com

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and wedding

+1

By four months after surgery, most of the swelling should be better and your wedding should go off smoothly.  Good luck.

Recovery On Time For Wedding After Rhinoplasty

+1

Congratulations in advance on your wedding and your rhinoplasty.

Usually, at about 3 months most of the swelling should have subsided and whatever remains will vanish completely at about a year post-op.

However, if it happens that you have a think nasal skin then you will need a little more time than usual to recover.

That being said, I do not see a reason why you cannot be ready with a great smile at your wedding day as far as you follow your surgeon's post-op instructions and stay away from nasal traumas while going on with your daily activities and trying wedding dresses.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

+1

It is normal to feel some discomfort this close to your surgery. It can take a good 2-3 months for most of that initial swelling to go down, then up to a year for all of the swelling and scarring to settle in. You should be fine for your upcoming wedding. Shop away and enjoy just always be careful to not bump or harm your nose. Congratulations on your wedding and enjoy your new nose.

Rhino

+1

Probably about two months after rhinoplasty.  There is healing that will take approximately twelve months in some cases.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

18 days after Rhinoplasty okay for wedding dress shopping

+1
It may still feel unnatural or uncomfortable to smile 18 days after surgery however this should dissipate soon. As far as wedding dresses and shopping not a problem! Just watch pulling anything over your head to tight that may irritate your surgery. Enjoy this moment of wedding shopping and your new surgery! Best regards and wishing you a lifetime of happiness! !

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com