I Got Rhinoplasty 13 Months Ago and my Nose is Still Stiff but Only on One Side?

I was told that my nose should be fully healed by one year. It's been over a year since I have gotten my surgery, I happy with how it's turned out but my nose is still really stiff on one side. It feels unnatural and bothers. I'm really worried if it could possibly require more surgery.

Stiff Nose On One Side At 13 Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Usually, the final results of a rhinoplasty (without complications) take about 12 months to get established but if the patient exhibits a thick and oily nasal skin then the recovery pace is slower and more time is required for the end-result to be reached.

Since you are satisfied with the results of your rhinoplasty, I think it is beneficial to have a little more patience giving your body enough time to resolve the issue on its own without surgical interventions.

If you were to remain "bothered" with the stiff feeling couple of months down the line, then consulting with your surgeon for a revision surgery may be a solution to consider.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Stiff Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello. It is possible that you will need surgery to correct the stiffness in your nose, but at thirteen months there is still a chance that the issue will resolve itself. You need to be examined by your surgeon to know what will be best for your situation.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/nose-jobrhinoplasty-7196/rhinoplasty-tampa-bay-fl-43210

+1

Just being honest, 13 months out not much is going to change. It sounds like you are really happy with your result. Keep in mind, you have had major surgery. Nothing will ever feel the exact same as what you started with. I would see your surgeon and discuss your concerns, but not much will change after a year in my opinion.

Stiff Nose 13 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

Firmness is usually an indication of residual swelling which is possible 13 months after surgery, especially in patients with thick skin. I suggest you be patient and talk to your surgeon.

Stiff nose after one year

+1

Some noses take longer than others.  Why is one side stiffer? Hard to say?  Best to ask your surgeon to evaluate it.